Technology Services primarily supports Microsoft Exchange email and calendaring services for permanent faculty and staff within the College of Design. System Administration and hosting for the Exchange server is provided through Central Information Services.
Students, GTFs, GRFs, Adjunct Faculty, and Temporary Employees may continue to use the University’s central IMAP email system: http://webmail.uoregon.edu.
There are three Exchange-compatible email clients that are supported at this time: Microsoft Outlook 2013/2016 for Windows, Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, and Mac Mail. Technology Services will make a best effort attempt to support mobile devices using Exchange and the IMAP server.
Exchange Email can also be accessed remotely using Outlook Web Access by entering http://outlook.uoregon.edu in a web browser.
- Avoid sending large attachments through email. OneDrive For Business is our recommended method of transferring large files.
- Regularly archive mail or attachments to keep your mailbox size below the default 2.0GB quota.
- Do not save your email password in your client.
- Do not transmit or store sensitive data (HIPAA, FERPA, etc) in email. OneDrive For Business or the AAAFILESERVER are recommended methods for transmitting and storing sensitive data.
- Do not share your email password with others.