Facilities Support Services manages the studio shops and provides a variety of services for students.
Note: Information about facilities support for faculty and staff is located on the College of Design Faculty and Staff site.
Facilities Support Services
124 Lawrence Hall (facing the Lawrence Hall courtyard)
541-346-3633 | email@example.com
- Kyle Harshbarger, Facilities Services Manager
- Jerry Lacey, Trades Maintenance
- Clay Myers, Carpenter
- Tom Coates, Shop Supervisor
Students should contact their department/program staff for key and building access requests and questions.
Equipment Check Out
Students can check out items from Facilities including hammers, screwdrivers, drills; lights, backdrop black cloths for photography; and measuring instruments. A computerized system is used to check out items to individuals who are entered into our database. When a person checks out a piece of equipment, their name and contact information is placed in the computer database. You must bring your identification with you each time you check out an item. The checkout time is limited to 24 hours, excluding weekends.
Family Friendly Resources
- A lactation support room is located on the 2nd Floor of Lawrence Hall (LA 277A). The room is equipped with a microwave, a refrigerator, outlets, and comfortable seating (lactation pumps not provided). Hot and cold running water is located across the hallway in restrooms LA 271 or 273. The room is locked for privacy and requires scheduling. For those authorized to use the room, times may be either scheduled or drop-in depending on the number of users. To obtain access, complete the request form.
- At the White Stag Block in Portland, a lactation room is located on the second floor.
- There are two baby changing stations in Lawrence Hall (on the 2ndfloor, LA 271 and LA 273). Other baby changing stations on campus can be found by visiting: https://map.uoregon.edu/family-friendly
- At the White Stag Block in Portland, baby changing stations are located in restrooms on all floors.
- Information about UO’s lactation support program and other lactation rooms on campus can be found at: https://hr.uoregon.edu/worklife/children-elders-family/lactation-support and https://map.uoregon.edu/family-friendly
Visit the help desk for information about available lockers. Lockers are assigned on a term by term basis.
Lost and Found
Check with Facilities Support Services for items lost in and around Lawrence Hall. All items that are not picked up in a reasonable amount of time are transferred to UO Parking and Transportation
Located in Eugene, and managed by Facilities Support Services, the Studio Shop is a resource for students currently enrolled in College of Design courses. The open shop environment has been created to provide a safe, and professionally supervised space in which students can create high-quality projects, while learning skills that further prepare them to excel in their chosen careers. More information is located on the Studio Shops page.
The Portland shop facility and fabrication lab supports two laser cutters, a 3D printer, and two CNC cutters. The primary function of the lab is to support students and faculty members conducting research in Portland. More information is located on the Fabrication Lab page.
Special Event Set-up and Room Reservations
- Questions about event set-up at the White Stag Building in Portland? See the Portland Event Services website.
- To reserve the Hayden Gallery, Willcox Hearth, Lawrence Courtyard, Lawrence Lobby Display Cases, and other College of Design common spaces see the Lawrence Hall Space Reservations page. Questions about these spaces? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit your department to inquire about other spaces available.