Technology Services manages 6 instructional labs and 2 open labs for the college in various buildings across campus. Instructional labs are scheduled each term in conjunction with the different departments within the college. All labs are managed via a door code. Please review the information below and contact us if you would like to schedule or gain access to a lab.
Contact and Locations
Technology Services Help Desk
282 Lawrence Hall
541-346-6194 | UO Service Portal
More information for each lab can be found here.
Computer Lab Policies and Procedures
- Scheduling is managed by the Director of Technology Services in conjunction with the various departmental administrations in the College of Design.
- Schedules are done in parallel to when class schedules are due according to the Registrar’s calendar.
- Once the schedule is set for a term, classes are added to each corresponding lab Exchange calendar.
- Every effort is made to ensure all needs are met and scheduling is done fairly.
- Each lab is secured via door locks with security codes.
- For instructional labs, door codes will be handed out to instructors only. These should not be shared with students.
- For the open labs, please consult with your academic department or make a request through the UO Service Portal.
- DO NOT share your door code.
- NO FOOD OR DRINK are allowed in the computer labs.
- Please be considerate of your fellow students, do not use more than 1 computer at a time and keep noise to a minimum.
- Login passwords are posted in each lab via signs on the wall.
- Each lab computer is scrubbed of personal data at logout, please save your data to thumb drives or a cloud storage solution like OneDrive.
- Do not share your door code.
- Do not open the door for others.
- Do not leave projects or valuables unattended.
Instructors may request software for the classes they teach. A request form can be found here.
Alternatively, make a request through the UO Service Portal with the following:
- Name of the software
- Operating System (Mac or Windows)
- Location of Lab (DCL, PPPM, MR2, etc)
- Number of computers that will use it
- Course that will use it (EG ARCH 410)
Technology Services will need to evaluate the feasibility and cost of adding this software to the lab environment. In some circumstances, the software’s technology or its licensing terms may not be compatible with lab use.
Updating software to its latest version will be delayed at a minimum of 1 term after its commercial release date to allow for adequate testing. Technology Services will contact faculty with our intent to update the software in advance so changes can be made to course planning as needed.