The College of Design provides access to a full array of computing applications through its instructional and research laboratories located in Lawrence Hall, Pacific Hall, Hendricks Hall, and the North-site complex. Technology Services staff maintain these resources as well as shared large-scale color plotters and high-resolution printers. Technical support is available through College of Design Technology Services, Information Services, and informal peer consulting.
Information regarding Facilities Support for students is located on the Facilities page.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Service Desk and personnel for support.
Contact and Location
541-346-6194 | 124 Lawrence Hall
Regular Term Hours (Fall, Winter, Spring):
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m – 8:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
541-346-2081 | 280 Lawrence Hall
See the Output Room page for hours
College of Design Tech Staff
Gary Sullivan, Director
541-346-1715 | email@example.com
Sean Sharp, Educational Technologist and Service Desk Manager
541-346-8764 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Shirley, Lab Manager
Jeremy Smith, Art Tech
541-346-3305 | email@example.com
Technology Services offers art-centric guidance and support to Art faculty and students.
Technologies offered include:
- Large format draft and production printing
- Vinyl cutting
- Audio Lab Support
- Project Support
Technology Services is privileged to have Sean Sharp on staff to assist educators with facilitating e-learning principles in their pedagogical pursuits via digital media, internet applications, mobile devices, and traditional computing technologies. For more information please consult the Ed Tech Tutorials site.
Facilities Support for Students
For information about College of Design facilities and the Eugene and Portland studio shops, managed by Facility Support Services, see the Facility Services page.
Technology Services operates a Service Desk for drop-in support. Additional support is available by appointment.
Please be prepared to provide the following information to our Help Desk Technicians:
- Your Name
- UO Email Address
- Phone Number
- A detailed description of the request or problem
- Your expected time frame
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for our Service Desk Technicians to access your computer or email account to troubleshoot problems or migrate data. In these situations, we may ask for your password credentials. When work is completed, we suggest you create a new password.
The Technology Services Output Room is dedicated to providing quality digital imaging services to the University community at affordable prices.
More information can be found at the Output Room page.
- How to Connect to AAAFileserver
- How to Connect to Department and Research folders
- How to Connect From Off Campus (VPN)
- Office 365 and OneDrive
- Student Computer Buyer’s Guide
- Computer Replacement Plan
- How to use the Render Farm
- Data Storage Services and Options
- Connecting to UONet, the University’s Network
- How to Use The Meeting Scheduler – Outlook 2011
- Install Office 2016 for Macintosh
- Map of campus computer labs
- Computer lab software list
- Software Request form for computer labs
- Submit A Tech Help Ticket
- Facilities Support for Students
- Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET)
- UO Techdesk