Ramatoulaye Thioub

Degree:  Bachelor of Planning, Public Policy and Management and Bachelor of Sociology, minor in Criminology

Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2024

2023 Scholarship
Gregory R. Pulliam Student Assistance Award

I Am Originally From Portland, OR

WHY I CAME TO THE UO AND HOW I CHOSE MY MAJOR
I chose the University of Oregon because it aligned with my academic interests and I’m able to remain close to home.

I chose PPPM because it allowed me to learn across a diverse range of topics that all aligned with my values and future goals.

UNIQUE QUALITIES I BRING TO MY STUDIES
I bring a dedication to hard work and a drive for an atmosphere that will challenge me.

MY INFLUENTIAL PROFESSORS
An influential professor I have had was my second year spanish professor, Lilliana Darwin Lopez who was the Director of the Second Year Spanish Department at UO. Through the three terms of having her, she was always very supportive, engaging, challenging, and overall an amazing educator.

MY EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
I am part of the Oregon Students of Color Coalition and I am a Legislative Intern for the Oregon Students Association. Being a member of these groups allows me to gain a fulfillment of my passions and work with different communities.

MY GREATEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE AT UO
My greatest learning experience at UO has been learning how to manage my time, enjoy the moment, yet stay prepared for the future.

AFTER GRADUATION
After graduation, I wish to attend Law School and work with marginalized and underrepresented communities.

YOUR GIFT
This scholarship is important to me because it helped me with different financial needs and responsibilities that I during my summer internship. The scholarship allows me more flexibility in gaining meaningful career experience in a field that I am very passionate about. With the internship experience I will be better equipped in regulating which advanced degrees or certifications I will want to gain in the future.

Thank you for supporting my career interests! Your contributions will allow me to be more engaged with my studies rather than financial concerns.