Jared Levie

This is a photo of me at the House on the Rock in Wisconsin.

Degree: BArch

Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2022

I’m From: Wisconsin

Why I Came to the UO and How I Chose My Major
I chose the University of Oregon because of its excellent architecture program, which is a leader in teaching sustainable design.

I have always had a passion for building and tinkering, therefore learning the true ins and out of design fulfill a great curiosity.

Unique Qualities I Bring to My Studies
I’ve worked in the construction field for eight years across the country and abroad.

My Influential Professors
James Givens has been extremely influential and has tought me a great deal about the poetics of architecture.

My Greatest Learning Experience at UO
The studio experience has always been a highly creative and a dense learning environment which has offered some great learning experiences.

After Graduation
I would love to work abroad in a Scandinavian country to further my understanding of design. Then I would like to begin implementing all I have learned working at a firm or even starting my own firm.

Your Gift
This scholarship has been extremely helpfuly to me as I am able to use the money to get tools for the program to further my studies!

Thank you!! It’s generous people like you who help to create a sense of community and further my passion to give back.