Jared Levie

This is a photo of me on a summer trip to Portland, Maine.

Degree: BArch

Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2022

2021-2022 Scholarships
Baird Family Scholarship
The DeNorval Unthank Jr. Memorial Scholarship in Architecture Fund
The Penny and Michael Wilkes Architecture Student Scholarship Fund

I Am Originally From Milwaukee, WI

WHY I CAME TO THE UO AND HOW I CHOSE MY MAJOR
I chose the University of Oregon for its outstanding reputation in environmentally and community focused design. I most appreciate the incredibly knowledgeable and passionate professors.

I’ve always thought specifically about and been attuned to the influence one’s surrounding can have on mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing, so architecture seems like a natural fit for my interests.

UNIQUE QUALITIES I BRING TO MY STUDIES
I have traveled abroad for many years and even walked 3,000 miles from Mexico to Canada. I have worked extensively in the construction trades.

MY INFLUENTIAL PROFESSORS
Ihab Elzeyadi, Professor of Architecture, has been a guide and mentor. He has helped me to better understand how to integrate building performance with sound design.

MY EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
I live on a small farm outside of town. I enjoy working in the garden and beekeeping. Living in the country allows me peace and quiet. I feel my design process benefits from this balance.

MY GREATEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE AT UO
My greatest learning experience was working along side my classmates to come up with a design to compete in, and receive 1st Place in the Elementary School Division, at the U.S. Department of Energy’s 2021 Solar Decathlon.

AFTER GRADUATION
I would like to continue my studies abroad and learn as much as I can about about holistic nature-oriented design.

YOUR GIFT
I would not be able to complete my degree next year without these generous scholarships. I am deeply appreciative.

Thank you! Donors like you make education attainable for all.