Ian Molloy

Degree: MFA, Fine Art

Expected Graduation Date: June  2021

Previous Degree: BFA Photography, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY

I’m From: Syracuse, NY

Why I Came to the UO and How I Chose My Major
I chose the University of Oregon for the faculty, facilities, and geography. I appreciate the dedicated faculty immensely. Pursuing a fine art degree allowed me to explore working outside of my more singularly focused bachelors degree in photography.

Unique Qualities I Bring to My Studies
I have pursued multiple jobs and career paths, from factory work to fine art printing to adapt to ever-changing situations. My involvement in activism, independent music, and ultra-endurance heavily influences my fine art practice.

My Influential Professors
The dedicated faculty have all been immensely helpful and influential. Each faculty member brings a unique expertise and has influenced me in numerous ways.

My Extracurricular Activities
I am involved with music and running. They are important to me because they help balance my professional endeavors and provide an outlet for different expression.

My Greatest Learning Experience at UO
The faculty’s support and the time and space to contemplate provided by my education at UO has taught me the importance of self-reflection and vulnerability, not only in an art practice but outside of it as well.

After Graduation
Beyond my UO education, I hope to continue to engage with and continue to work on better contributing to communities bonded by self-respect, self-improvement, intellectual pursuit, and honesty. Professionally, I am open to several paths as a degree in fine art can be utilized in many careers that prioritize problem-solving and creative thinking.

Your Gift
This scholarship will allow me to continue producing my thesis and fully realize the project by providing funding for research materials, production materials, and necessary interventions and guidance.

While my gratitude is immense and hard to articulate, I would like to thank you very much. Your generous donation has been integral to my education and career, allowing me to pursue a project that is deeply significant to me. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue working on and growing with this project, which will continue to develop and soon connect with others. Your support is invaluable!