Charlotte Kamman

This is a photo of me during the time I was studying abroad in Spain in summer of 2022! I saw a lot of amazing architecture on this trip and had a fantastic time.

Degree: Bachelor of Architecture, minor in Spanish

Expected Graduation Date: Spring 2025

2023 Scholarships
College of Design Scholarship
Baird Family Scholarship
Schroeder Family Scholarship in Architecture

I Am Originally From San Rafael, CA

WHY I CAME TO THE UO AND HOW I CHOSE MY MAJOR
I chose to attend the University of Oregon because I wanted to study architecture in a program that focuses on sustainability. My favorite part of being in the College of Design is the opportunity the classes provide to make friends across disciplines and years. I find that this enriches my learning.

I chose to study architecture because I wanted to develop design thinking and problem-solving skills that could be applied to issues of sustainability. Architecture provides opportunities to address climate change and social inequalities.

UNIQUE QUALITIES I BRING TO MY STUDIES
I bring experience and knoweldge surrounding ecology and land management to my studies at the UO. I find that thinking based on ecosystems and natural systems enriches my understanding of architectural issues.

MY INFLUENTIAL PROFESSORS
Professor Alison Kwok has been particularly influential and inspiring to me. Most recently, Professor Kwok’s Passive House class has allowed me to gain professional certification while developing a technical understanding of how to design efficient, sustainable buildings.

MY EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
I am a member of the UO American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE Student Chapter). ASHRAE is important to me because I believe in the integration of science and design, and because it allows me to connect and socialize with like-minded peers at the UO.

MY GREATEST LEARNING EXPERIENCE AT UO
The greatest learning experience I have had so far at UO was studying Urban Design abroad in Barcelona. Living abroad was an important life experience for me, allowing me to broaden my horizons. I loved exploring urban design and landscape architecture while abroad and learning how these could be integrated with building design.

AFTER GRADUATION
I hope to use the problem-solving skills, project management skills, and in-depth understanding of sustainability that I am developing as a student at the University of Oregon’s College of Design to address global problems, such as climate change and the housing crisis.

YOUR GIFT
These scholarships are important to me because they help me to maintain my financial independence while pursuing higher education. I find education incredibly valuable and I work hard every day to make the most of the opportunities which I have been granted.

Thank you so much!!!