Andrea Fowler

This is a photo of me taken in 2019 while I was at the Mori Art Museum—in Tokyo, Japan—for the “Shiota Chiharu: The Soul Trembles” exhibition.

Degree: MA, Art History

Expected Graduation Date: June 2022

I’m From: Hollidaysburg, PA

Why I Came to the UO and How I Chose My Major
I chose the University of Oregon because of the diverse number of classes offered and the excellent museum and research facilities.

My studies and research focus on modern and contemporary Japanese art and globalization. I am particularly interested in World’s Fairs, art that expands on the foundations of Ukiyo-E, and installation art that deals with the human experience. I have enjoyed working with the members of the faculty in the Department of the History of Art and Arcitecture and their feedback has been invaluable for me in progressing as a scholar.

After Graduation
After graduation I hope to become a professor and continue researching and teaching.

Your Gift
This scholarship contributed to funding my cost of attendance and helped make it possible for me to become a graduate student at the University of Oregon.

Thank you for your generosity in assisting students, like me, to continue pursuing our education.