Rules & Reservation Requests
Rules for Lawrence Courtyard Exhibitions or Events
PERMITTED USES: Special events supporting academic programs, sponsored by faculty, staff, or official student groups affiliated with the College of Design; Display of sponsored classroom work. Maximum seated occupancy: 152.
- All exhibits/events must have an endorsement by the sponsoring faculty member
- Photos or a detailed description of work to be displayed shall be provided with application.
- The walls or windows can NOT be altered in any way, temporarily or permanently.
- Walkways can not be blocked and music can not be played in this area during normal business/class hours.
- It is the users’ responsibility to ensure the space is left in good, clean, and undamaged condition. Any problems must be brought to the attention of the College of Design Facilities Manager by contacting FSS@uoregon.edu. Repair or replacement costs due to damage during use is the responsibility of the user, and the cost of repair or replacement will be billed to the applicant named on the request form
- Exhibits or events may run for a maximum of 2 days.
- Applicant is responsible for reserving tables or chairs via Facility Services (LA 124) at least one week prior to the event (please note that Facility Services has a limited number of tables and the applicant may need to contact central support if all of Facility Services tables are already reserved for other events). Tables and chairs must be picked up at LA 124 during business hours and the applicant shall assume responsibility for the security of the space during the exhibit/event period.
- To reserve round tables and folding chairs contact university central support at email@example.com
- The exhibit/event must comply with University of Oregon policies and safety codes.
- All event arrangements are made by the applicant including set-up and clean-up. No alcohol may be served unless provided by University Catering. Please see the Catering website for more information and note the university policies about catering and waivers, which must be submitted 15 days in advance of the event.
By completing the Application, the Applicant agrees to the following:
- To implement the exhibition or event as described in the rules above.
- To not alter the proposal without prior approval.
- To install and remove all materials related to the exhibition or event by the approved dates.
- To leave the space in the same or better condition than when it was found.
- To be financially liable for any and all costs associated with damage to the property.
The application process is not complete without the approval. Applications must be approved prior to the exhibition or event. A copy of the approved application must be on site during the installation process.