Rules & Reservation Requests
Rules for Lawrence Courtyard Events
PRIORITY USES: Special events supporting academic programs sponsored by UO Departments or official student groups affiliated with the College of Design. Maximum seated occupancy: 152.
MAP: Lawrence Courtyard
GENERAL RULES AND PROCEDURES:
- All events must adhere to FSS scheduling procedures and must comply with University of Oregon policies and safety codes.
- A detailed description of the event shall be provided with application. Events/Exhibitions may run for a maximum of 2 days.
- Walls or windows can NOT be altered in any way, temporarily or permanently. Walkways can not be blocked.
- Outdoor amplified sound (including microphones, amps and bullhorns) is not permitted weekdays (Monday-Friday) between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm during the academic term. Outdoor amplified sound may not exceed a maximum of 83dbs as measured from 40 feet in any direction.
- All event arrangements are made by the applicant including set-up and clean-up. It is the users’ responsibility to ensure the space is left in good, clean, and undamaged condition. Any problems must be brought to the attention of the College of Design Facilities Manager by contacting FSS@uoregon.edu. Repair or replacement costs due to damage during use is the responsibility of the user, and the cost of repair or replacement will be billed to the applicant named on the request form
- Applicant is responsible for reserving tables or chairs via Facility Services (LA 124) at least two weeks prior to the event. Please note that Facility Services has a limited number of tables and the applicant may need to contact central support if all of Facility Services tables are already reserved for other events. Tables and chairs must be picked up at LA 124 during business hours and the applicant shall assume responsibility for the security of the space during the exhibit/event period. To reserve round tables and folding chairs contact university central support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see the Catering website for catering information and note the university policies about catering waivers, which must be submitted 15 days in advance of the event.
- All alcohol service must be approved by UO in the form of a completed and signed Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages Form. All requests for approval must be submitted to the Office of Risk Management no less than two weeks prior to the event. To be approved, all alcohol service must adhere to the minimum standard for alcohol service, as described on the Request for Permission to Serve Alcoholic Beverages Form.
By completing the Application, the Applicant agrees to the following:
- To implement the event as described in the rules above.
- To not alter the proposal without prior approval.
- To install and remove all materials related to the event by the approved dates.
- To leave the space in the same or better condition than when it was found.
- To be financially liable for any costs associated with damage to the property.
The application process is not complete without the approval. Applications must be approved prior to the event. A copy of the approved application must be on site during the event set-up.