Facilities Support Services provides a variety of services for faculty and staff. Information about facilities support for students is located on the Tech site.
Facilities Support Services
124 Lawrence Hall
541-346-3633 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Design facilities requests in Eugene can be emailed to the College of Design Facilities Support Services (FSS) ticket system at email@example.com
- College of Design Portland programs are supported by the UO Portland facilities team. Portland facilities requests can be submitted using the Portland Facility Help Ticket.
- Kyle Harshbarger, Facilities Services Manager
- Clay Myers, Carpenter
- Jerry Lacey, Trades Maintenance
- Vance McIntyre, Laborer Assistant
- Tom Coates, Shops Supervisor
Access for Faculty and Staff
- Card Swipe Prox Access Request Form (Eugene only)
- Key Request (PDF)
- For card access requests in Portland, submit a request to the Portland facility services team using the Portland Facility Help Ticket.
- If you are requesting a key code for a departmentally controlled space, please contact your department.
- For non-technical classroom issues in Eugene, such as climate control, contact 541-346-3633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For non-technical Portland classroom issues contact John Woelfle at 503-412-3691 or send a Portland Facilities Request.
- For Eugene classroom technical issues in Lawrence 115, 166, and 177, please contact the Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET) in the Knight Library via 541-346-3091 or email@example.com
- For all other Eugene classrooms supported by the College of Design Technology Services, please call 541-346-6194 or stop by LA 124.
- The mail room in Lawrence 105 has a confidential bin for small quantities of confidential documents. Some departments have shredding bins in the department offices.
- For large quantities of confidential shredding (several boxes of confidential documents or more), contact your department so that they can schedule a pick-up in your location or department office by Garten (541-868-1550), the service provider.
- The mail room in Lawrence 105 has two copy machines for use by College of Design faculty and staff. Contact your department if you need a code to access the copy/mail room.
- For copying assistance visit Campus Copy (Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm), located on the bottom floor of the EMU between the Holden Center and the Craft Center. They offer color and black & white quick copy service while you wait, as well as a number of other services. Visit the Campus Copy site for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lost and Found
- Check with Facilities Support Services for items lost in and around Lawrence Hall. All items that are not picked up in a reasonable amount of time go to UO Parking and Transportation.
- If you have lost your office keys, contact College of Design Facilities Support Services, and then the Key Issuance Office located on the ground floor of the EMU.
- Outgoing campus mail is picked up by UO Mailing twice daily from Lawrence 105. UO Mailing also picks up outbound UPS and Fed Ex packages from this location. Contact your department if you need a code to access the Lawrence copy/mail room.
- There is no on-campus US Post Office. Faculty may send US mail through mail services using an appropriate index (see your department for details).
- Please do not send or receive non-UO business-related mail via Facilities Support Services. We cannot assume responsibility for these packages. Various vendors near the university can provide postal services such as the Duck Store, Hirons, and others in the adjacent area.
- For Eugene faculty or staff office space issues (i.e. climate control or other non-tech issues) contact email@example.com
- For Portland faculty or staff office space issues contact John Woelfle at 503-412-3691 or send a Portland Facilities Request.
Room or Special Event Set-up
- Questions about room or special event set-up in Eugene? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about event set-up at the White Stag Building in Portland? See the Portland Event Services website.
- Information about reserving the Hayden Gallery is located on the Hayden Gallery site.
- To reserve the Willcox Hearth, Lawrence Courtyard, Lawrence Lobby Display Cases, and other College of Design common spaces see the Lawrence Hall Space Reservations page.
- All university employees have important roles in maintaining a safe environment. See the University Safety Policy
- The Emergency Procedures Flip Chart was developed to help minimize the negative impact of emergencies. Read the guide before an emergency occurs, become acquainted with its contents, and refer back to it as needed. Familiarity with UO emergency procedures will assist you in being better prepared to protect yourself and others around you.
- Please report safety issues immediately to a supervisor or a campus safety official so action can be taken. You can report safety concerns online.
- To report an employee injury, contact UO Risk Management (541-346-8316; email@example.com) or report online.
- Faculty can contact their department staff for office supplies. The facilities desk no longer stocks emergency office supplies.
- To restock first-aid kits, email firstname.lastname@example.org