Facilities Support Services provides a variety of services for faculty and staff.
Information about facilities support for students is located on the Tech site.
Service Desk Hours*
Monday – Friday
9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m, BY APPOINTMENT
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m, WALK-IN
*For Eugene facilities support outside of those hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-346-3633 and leave a message. For Portland requests see information below.
- Kyle Harshbarger, Facilities Services Director
- Clay Myers, Carpenter
- Jerry Lacey, Trades Maintenance
- Vance McIntyre, Laborer Assistant
- Tom Coates, Shops Supervisor
- Rachel McKenna, Shop Technician
- Kc Culver, Trades Maintenance PDX
- Brock Culver, Laborer Assistant PDX
- College of Design facilities requests in Eugene can be emailed to the College of Design Facilities Support Services (FSS) ticket system at email@example.com
- If you need technology support in Eugene, please submit a request via the UO Service Portal (service.uoregon.edu) or call 541-346-6194.
- College of Design Portland programs are supported by the UO Portland facilities team. Portland facilities requests can be submitted using the Portland facility work order system
Key/Card Access for Faculty and Staff
- Card Swipe Prox Access Request Form (Eugene only) (PDF)
- Key Request (Eugene only) (PDF)
- For key and card access requests in Portland, submit a request to the Portland facility services team using the Portland facility work order system.
- If you are requesting a key code for a departmentally controlled space, please contact your department.
- For non-technical classroom issues in Eugene, such as climate control, contact 541-346-3633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For non-technical Portland classroom issues contact John Woelfle at 503-412-3691 or use the Portland facility work order system.
- For Eugene classroom technical issues in Lawrence 115, 166, and 177, please contact the Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET) in the Knight Library via 541-346-3091 or email@example.com
- For all other Eugene classrooms supported by the College of Design Technology Services, please call 541-346-6194 or stop by LA 124.
- Some departments have shredding bins in the department offices.
- For large quantities of confidential shredding (several boxes of confidential documents or more), contact your department so that they can schedule a pick-up in your location or department office by Garten (541-868-1550), the service provider.
- Lawrence 281 has a copy machine for use by College of Design faculty and staff.
- For additional copying assistance in Eugene visit Campus Copy (Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 5:30pm), located on the bottom floor of the EMU between the Holden Center and the Craft Center. They offer color and black & white quick copy service while you wait, as well as a number of other services. Visit the Campus Copy site for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Friendly Resources
- A lactation support room is located on the 2nd Floor of Lawrence Hall (LA 277A). The room is equipped with a microwave, a refrigerator, outlets, and comfortable seating (lactation pumps not provided). Hot and cold running water is located across the hallway in restrooms LA 271 or 273. The room is locked for privacy and requires scheduling. For those authorized to use the room, times may be either scheduled or drop-in depending on the number of users. To obtain access, complete the request form.
- At the White Stag Block in Portland, a lactation room is located on the second floor.
- There are two baby changing stations in Lawrence Hall (on the 2ndfloor, LA 271 and LA 273). Other baby changing stations on campus can be found by visiting: https://map.uoregon.edu/family-friendly
- At the White Stag Block in Portland, baby changing stations are located in restrooms on all floors.
- Information about UO’s lactation support program and other lactation rooms on campus can be found at: https://hr.uoregon.edu/worklife/children-elders-family/lactation-support and https://map.uoregon.edu/family-friendly
Lost and Found
- Check with Facilities Support Services for items lost in and around Lawrence Hall. All items that are not picked up in a reasonable amount of time go to UO Parking and Transportation.
- If you have lost your office keys, contact College of Design Facilities Support Services, and then the Key Issuance Office located on the ground floor of the EMU.
- The physical address for College of Design deliveries in Eugene is:
College of Design
1190 Franklin Blvd
Lawrence Hall, Room 124
Eugene, Oregon 97403
- Outgoing campus mail in Eugene is picked up by UO Mailing twice daily from Lawrence 124. UO Mailing also picks up outbound UPS and Fed Ex packages from this location.
- There is no on-campus US Post Office. Faculty may send US mail through mail services using an appropriate index (see your department for details).
- Please do not send or receive non-UO business-related mail via Facilities Support Services. We cannot assume responsibility for these packages. Various vendors near the university can provide postal services such as the Duck Store, Hirons, and others in the adjacent area.
- For mail services in Portland, please contact your department.
- For Eugene faculty or staff office space issues (i.e. climate control or other non-tech issues) contact email@example.com
- For Portland faculty or staff office space issues contact John Woelfle at 503-412-3691 or use the Portland facility work order system.
Room or Special Event Set-up
- Questions about room or special event set-up in Eugene? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about event set-up at the White Stag Building in Portland? See the Portland Event Services website.
- To reserve the Lawrence Courtyard, Lawrence Lobby, Hayden Gallery, and other College of Design common spaces see the Lawrence Hall Space Reservations page.
- All university employees have important roles in maintaining a safe environment. See the University Safety Policy.
- The Emergency Procedures Flip Chart was developed to help minimize the negative impact of emergencies. Read the guide before an emergency occurs, become acquainted with its contents, and refer back to it as needed. Familiarity with UO emergency procedures will assist you in being better prepared to protect yourself and others around you.
- Please report safety issues immediately to a supervisor or a campus safety official so action can be taken. You can report safety concerns online.
- To report an employee injury, contact UO Risk Management (541-346-8316; email@example.com) or report online.
- Information on reporting a crime or an emergency: https://police.uoregon.edu/report-crime
- You can help make the UO safer at night. Click the button to drop a pin, or tap and hold (or right click) on the map. Fill out the form and click the Submit button.
- University of Oregon Police Department staff can provide safety escorts to students and employees. Call 541-346-2919 to request.
- The university does not permit animals in its buildings, except as provided for in the Exceptions Section of the animal control policy.
- Faculty can contact their department staff for office supplies.
- To restock first-aid kits, email firstname.lastname@example.org