College of Design events that have been added to the UO Calendar are listed in the weekly College of Design Upcoming Events email.
Note: Events are only included if a College of Design unit has been selected from the UO Calendar’s Departments list.
About the Upcoming Events email:
- The email is distributed every Monday during fall, winter, and spring terms.
- The email is sent to College of Design students, faculty, and staff, as well as some alumni and community members.
- The email covers a 14-day period beginning with the day it is sent.
- Event details and images are automatically pulled directly from the UO Calendar.
- The email typically only includes events that are affiliated with the College of Design’s schools, departments, or programs. Special events promoted by other entities on campus (e.g., the UO Office of the President or JSMA) may occasionally be included.
- Add events to the UO Calendar at least seven days in advance of the event. If your event is posted later than that, it may not be included in the current week’s send.
- For events to be included in the following Monday’s email, please submit your entry no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday. While details are pulled directly from the UO Calendar, the email is generated via a manual process. It is hard-coded and not a live feed. Changes made to the UO Calendar after 10:00 a.m. on Fridays will not be included in the following Monday’s email.
- Events must contain a description that answers basic questions about the event in order for the event to be included in the College of Design Upcoming Events email.
- A College of Design unit must be selected from the Departments field in the UO Calendar entry in order for the event to be included in the query that pulls event data for the email. Events that are not tagged with a College of Design unit cannot be found by the query.
If you have any questions about the Upcoming Events email, please contact Kara Rowan at email@example.com.