Deadline: Monday, May 20, 2019, 5 p.m.
The UO Libraries is pleased to announce our annual contest to design new digital wallpaper for the library’s workstations.
The winning design will be used on more than 500 computers throughout the libraries. The creator of the winning design will receive a $500 prize. The digital design contest is open to all current UO students.
Deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. on Monday, May 20, 2019. Multiple entries per student may be submitted.
Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, current UO affiliation, a brief description of the piece, and preview of the image as an attached jpeg, with a resolution of 1680×1050. In the message, please include instructions on how to download, or otherwise obtain, the full Photoshop or Illustrator file, whether through Dropbox, ftp, website, etc.
ORIGINALITY: The design must be completely original and contain no copyrighted material.
- Entries will be judged by a committee of students, a faculty member, and library staff.
- For currently enrolled students, awards are given as scholarships, with $500 applied directly to the UO billing account.
- If the recipient has already graduated, the award is given as a cash prize.
- Winner retains copyright to their original work and grants UO Libraries nonexclusive rights to publish the work to UO Libraries workstation monitors, UO Libraries digital bulletin board system, UO Libraries social media channels, UO Libraries digital and print publications.
- Save the work as a .psd or .ai file with editable layers
- Save a copy of the work as .jpg file to attach in your submission email message.
- The wallpaper should use a resolution of 5120×2880. We have several different monitor resolutions we use, but all share the same 16:9 aspect ratio. We will down-sample the provided image to the resolutions we need, so please make sure that the image would still look good when scaled down to 1920×1080
- The wallpaper’s 1″ margins on the left, right, and bottom may be obscured by the operating system.
- The text and general location must remain the same. Font size, font family, color, and other stylistic elements may be adjusted to suit the artwork.
- The image, not including text, should be low-contrast so icons show up clearly.
- There must be space for a logout button icon to be placed in the top left corner.
- Also: A variant image with a visibly different layout or color scheme, with the Top Right “Authorized use only” text replaced by Top Right “Internet Kiosk” text.
- Also: Please familiarize yourself with theUniveristys logo system, to ensure it falls within the guidelines.