I work for a Eugene-based manufacturer of archery equipment called Bowtech. We’re a premium consumer brand and manufacture our products in our factory here in Eugene.
This Fall we’re launching several new products, including a new line of carbon fiber bows. We really want to emphasize the lightness and technology of these new products, and believe that color is a great way to do so. The archery category tends to be very traditional, with a limited and bland color pallet. We want to try something different. This new line of bows will appeal to a diverse audience, by age, gender and archery experience.
The proposed student project:
- Develop a color pallet for a new line of carbon fiber vertical compound bows
- If interested, develop other decoration options, including camouflage patterns, carbon fiber finishes, etc.
- Develop a design for a bow targeted for women
Information we can provide the student:
- A tour of our factory and offices and meetings with our marketing and product development team
- Product samples
- Competitive assessment
- Extensive consumer research
- Target consumer profile
- Access to locally-based paint supplier
I believe this is an interesting project for a student.
This message is being posted because it may be of interest to University of Oregon art students. Neither the UO nor the Department of Art make any representations or endorsements regarding the content of the message or its originator. Any questions or comments about the message should be directed to the originator of the message and not to the Department of Art.