Art Show–Collecting Entries NOW!
All entries will be displayed at the All Sizes Fit Art Gala which will be on Thursday, April 7 from 4:00-6:00pm at the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art.
Prizes in the form of Duck Store gift certificates will be awarded to first ($150), second ($100), and third ($75) place artists.
Questions? Email Suzie Stadelman.
All Sizes Fit Week (April 4-8, 2016)
All Sizes Fit Philosophy
All Sizes Fit is a positive body image campaign at the University of Oregon that aims to increase body positivity and decrease the social stigma associated with appearance.
All Sizes Fit focuses on three principles:
- Attention: Be in touch with your body and its signals. Your body is excellent at regulating and letting you know what it needs in order to perform optimally.
- Appreciation: Appreciate everything your body allows you to do and the pleasure it provides. It is because of your body that you can engage in the activities you love and enjoy what life has to offer. Smile to yourself as you remember all your positive assets.
- Acceptance: Accept all the assets you have rather than longing for what you do not. Much of your body composition is predetermined by your genetics.
Health at Every Size
All Sizes Fit embraces the Health at Every Size philosophy which focuses on healthy eating and daily activity instead of on weight loss. Active people are much healthier than sedentary people, regardless of weight (Bacon, 2008 & Blair et al., 1993). Instead of dieting or other weight loss-based approaches, Health at Every Size encourages:
- Intuitive, balanced, and flexible eating
- Regular activity that is fun and enjoyable
- Stress management
- Emotional awareness and coping