1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

>> I came to the AAD program by way of the School of Music and Dance. I was attending Northwest Missouri State University, and looking for masters programs in collaborative piano performance. As exciting as endless hours in a practice room can be, I heard the call of Arts Administration from across campus. I took that winter off from school and returned in the Spring of 2014 to begin some coursework.

2. Area of concentration in AAD?

>> Performing Arts Management, with a certificate in Nonprofit Management.

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:

>> I use both Mac and PC platforms at home (One custom-built PC desktop, and a laptop of each). I also carry an iPhone 5s that helps keep my schedules and communications in order.

>> Once upon a time I studied Cinema, both academically and on the production side, so I’m well-versed in various modes of photography, editing, studio recording, and live sound reinforcement.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

• Microsoft Office Suite, for all things office, finance, and for professional communication needs
  • Eden Financial Software, accounting functions at Lane Transit
  • Quicken Home & Business, for business accounting
  • Open Broadcaster Software, for video game live streaming and local recording

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

>> As a hobby, I’ve created some youtube videos of video game play-throughs. For channel artwork, I limped through GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). Coursework in media production (University of Iowa) includes:

• Modes of Film and Video Production
  • Intensive Audio Workshop
  • Nonfiction Production
  • True Fiction Production Seminar (focusing on ‘fake’ documentary or ‘mock’umentaries)

6. Know anything about typography?

>> Only there are various terms and measurements regarding font features, spacing between letters, height of crossbars, serifs, etc. – also, that I would really enjoy it.

7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

>> Nope.

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

>> Facebook, Twitter, Youtube

9. Tell me something unique about yourself.

>> I worked at a gourmet confectioners for a few years in the San Francisco bay area. So much chocolate!

10. Anything else?

>> What happens if a student taking this course goes away (on leave or otherwise) during winter term. Is it possible to jump back in the following year’s winter term?