1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.
>> I came to the AAD program by way of the School of Music and Dance. I was attending Northwest Missouri State University, and looking for masters programs in collaborative piano performance. As exciting as endless hours in a practice room can be, I heard the call of Arts Administration from across campus. I took that winter off from school and returned in the Spring of 2014 to begin some coursework.
2. Area of concentration in AAD?
>> Performing Arts Management, with a certificate in Nonprofit Management.
3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:
>> I use both Mac and PC platforms at home (One custom-built PC desktop, and a laptop of each). I also carry an iPhone 5s that helps keep my schedules and communications in order.
>> Once upon a time I studied Cinema, both academically and on the production side, so I’m well-versed in various modes of photography, editing, studio recording, and live sound reinforcement.
4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.
- Microsoft Office Suite, for all things office, finance, and for professional communication needs
- Eden Financial Software, accounting functions at Lane Transit
- Quicken Home & Business, for business accounting
- Open Broadcaster Software, for video game live streaming and local recording
5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?
>> As a hobby, I’ve created some youtube videos of video game play-throughs. For channel artwork, I limped through GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program). Coursework in media production (University of Iowa) includes:
- Modes of Film and Video Production
- Intensive Audio Workshop
- Nonfiction Production
- True Fiction Production Seminar (focusing on ‘fake’ documentary or ‘mock’umentaries)
6. Know anything about typography?
>> Only there are various terms and measurements regarding font features, spacing between letters, height of crossbars, serifs, etc. – also, that I would really enjoy it.
7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.
8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.
>> Facebook, Twitter, Youtube
9. Tell me something unique about yourself.
>> I worked at a gourmet confectioners for a few years in the San Francisco bay area. So much chocolate!
10. Anything else?
>> What happens if a student taking this course goes away (on leave or otherwise) during winter term. Is it possible to jump back in the following year’s winter term?