Meet Our Amazing CSC Summer Interns: Steve Dobrinich

Steve Dobrinich Community Planning Workshop CPWWhat is your name? Stephen Dobrinich

Alias? Steve

Where were you born and where do you call home? I was born in Cleveland, Ohio but after living in Eugene for the past three years I call Oregon home.

In which graduate program are you enrolled? I am working on my masters in Community & Regional Planning.

Describe the CPW – Community Planning Workshop project you worked on during the academic year. My CPW project was the “Lane County Year-Round Regional Public Market and Food Hub Market Analysis.” The focus of the project was an in-depth investigation into whether there is enough buying power in the Eugene/ Springfield region to support a potential year-round public market and food hub.

What is the most critical skill(s) you learned from being engaged in CPW this past year? Learning how to break large projects into smaller pieces and accomplish goals on an ongoing basis.

What about CPW made you smile? Having great teammates with unique and interesting approaches to project work.

Name of the last movie you saw and give it a rating. Waiting for Guffman: 7.5/10

Favorite UO class? Public Sector Leadership

What are your big summer plans? Visit my friends and family in the Midwest, attend the RARE Program’s 20 year reunion, explore Portland, and get out on my kayak.