During the abatement process some floor tiles were knocked loose in women’s restroom 113. In order to repair the tiles, the contractor will have to close restroom 113 tomorrow 10/17. While the repairs are being made, all-gender restroom 173 will still be operational as an alternative.
On Monday, August 26th, at 7:00 am through Friday, September 6th at 4:00 pm, abatement work will be performed by Belfor Environmental in two phases:
Phase 1 Abatement (see clouded area in 1st diagram) 8/26-8/30:
- Occupants of these offices have been temporarily moved to allow for work.
- Access to Esslinger during Phase 1 will be restricted to the northwest lobby L102.
- REC offices adjacent to H102 can access offices from L102 during Phase 1.
Phase 2 Abatement (see clouded area in 2nd diagram) 9/2-9/6:
- Access to Esslinger will be through L101.
- Stairs at L102/ S101 will remain open.
- REC staff in offices 102, 103A-D, 104, and 104A-B will be able to access their suite though L101 to 102. (Door hardware will be temporarily replaced for access.)
- Room 106, and restrooms 115/117 will be offline during phase 2.
- Classrooms 105, 107, 112, and 116 have been taken offline by the registrar for the duration of the abatement project.
On Monday, October 14th through Monday, January 6th, 2020, flooring work will be performed by Facilities Services and a number of subcontractors:
Phase 3 Flooring (see highlighted areas in 3rd diagram) 10/14/19-1/6/20:
- Carpet will be replaced in 170, 172, 174, 175, 176, 177, 179, 180A, 181A, and 181B in phases and is expected to be completed before 11/8/19.
- Wall and drywall framing work is expected to be completed before 11/15/19.
- Ceiling work in 180/181 and the perimeter is expected to be completed before 12/1/19.
- Plumbing work in 171 is expected to be completed before 12/15/19.
- Resilient flooring is expected to be installed in H102 and H103 before 10/31/19.
- Resilient flooring is expected to be installed in H101 and H111 before 12/15/19.
- Carpet will be replaced in 180/181 and is expected to be completed before 12/30/19.
- The doors, storefront, break room, etc. is expected to be completed before 1/6/20.
For questions or concerns, please contact Tim Allenbaugh at 346-8214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.