Alumni Profiles

Breaking the Cycle: Randi Ross

Breaking the Cycle: Randi Ross

Breaking the Cycle Randi Ross Randi Ross, BS ‘21 Family and Human Services, is passionate about child abuse prevention. Her personal experience as a survivor led to her pursuing a degree at the UO to serve the community as a social worker, but she discovered a love of...

Passing the Torch: Melaney Grenz

Passing the Torch: Melaney Grenz

Passing the Torch Melaney Grenz For Melaney Grenz, MS ’99 Communication Disorders and Sciences, the mentorship that she received from teachers and professors gave her the confidence to pursue her dream and become a speech pathologist. Now, having spent over twenty...

“Oregon Changed My Life”: Alison Cerezo

“Oregon Changed My Life”: Alison Cerezo

“Oregon Changed My Life” Alison Cerezo “Oregon changed my life. I’m grateful that I went there for graduate school.” Alison Cerezo, PhD ’09 Counseling Psychology, is rooted in their community. So, when it came time to choose their discipline,...

Family is Everything: Rene Cabrera

Family is Everything: Rene Cabrera

Family is Everything Rene Cabrera For Rene Cabrera, MS ’22 School Psychology, family is everything. He sees his accomplishments as a reflection on the hard work of his parents, who were immigrants from Mexico. “I love what I do. I’m achieving a master’s,...

Breaking the Cycle: Randi Ross

Breaking the Cycle: Randi Ross

Leading the way in DEI: Jonathon Henderson

Leading the way in DEI Jonathon Henderson Triple duck Jonathon Henderson, BS ‘07 Political Science, MS ‘09 Conflict & Dispute Resolution, PhD ‘15 Critical and Sociocultural Studies in Education, is used to leading the way. First in his family to graduate college,...

Breaking Barriers: Women in Government

Breaking Barriers: Women in Government

UO alumnae have held key positions in national, international, state and local positions. Discover the long legacy that women have made in public service and their commitment to the next generation of leaders. Edith Green, BA ’39 (English, education) was the second...

Ducks in Love: Frances and Thomas G. McGuire

Tom and I met in the Erb Memorial Union at the University of Oregon in 1964. He liked to play Bridge and one of my friends from high school was a Bridge player, too. We think that this connection is how we were first introduced. We became friends and would meet to...

Ducks in Love: Cloud and Kathryn Schnoebelen

My wife and I met in Hamilton our first year at school. That was 1995. We started dating in 1996 and have been together ever since. After starting our careers in Portland, we moved to the Bay Area. We flew up for a game on November 11, 2000 and I asked Kate to marry...