Week Two!

Week two is official done and I still love it here. Classes are starting to pick up on the workload but it is very manageable. The one thing I find very difficult to do is get my homework done. There is always so much activities happening on campus and people are always hanging out in Carson’s common room, which makes it hard for me to buckle down and completer my work. This is a struggle but I think I am starting to find a balance between having fun and doing homework.

College and high school are two completely different things but the biggest difference I see is the amount of free time I have in a day. For high school I woke up at six in the morning went to class for eight hours and went to practice for another three hours. In college I don’t start class till ten and I don’t have classes everyday. I have classes at random times throughout the days with hours between each other so all this free time is something very new to me. I’m not used to having class for an hour than being able to take a nap than go to my next one. It is so nice having all this free time but I need to learn how to utilize it and not waste it doing just nothing. Another big difference between high school and college is having boys in my class. I went to an all girls’ school from Kindergarten to Senior Year so I never went to school with boys. I didn’t really interact with them on an everyday basis so I am not really used to it. Going to an all girls school was nice but I really enjoy going to a school with both boys and girls.

My favorite class up to this point is Writing 121. The theme for the class is Free Speech, which is something I believe is very important. Free Speech is guaranteed to us but nowadays people abuse that freedom. I like how Writing 121 has us analyze situations where free speech is in question and makes us actually think about what freedom of speech is. Writing 121 is my favorite class but I really enjoy all my other classes too. Ethnic Studies and History are great and I am learning a lot from my professors. The only class I am struggling with is math, but that has always been a difficult subject for me.

Week two is coming to a close and all I can think about is how lucky I am to go to the University of Oregon. Classes are doing well, I’m making new friends all the time and enjoying my time here as a student.