EMPLOYER SUBMISSION TO THE CINEMA STUDIES JOBS & INTERNSHIPS DATABASE
Company Name: University of Oregon Academic Extension
The Student Videographer will be responsible for supporting educational offerings by producing instructional videos for a variety of academic programs, to be delivered both online and onsite. This will include recording video and audio with a variety of equipment and editing video with Adobe Premiere.
This position reports to the Sr. Program Manager, and will work closely with the Instructional Designer and various Program Managers, as well as the IT Manager for software and hardware integration.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Work with the Instructional Designer and Program Managers to create instructional videos and, if relevant, other media learning objects.
• Creation of:
o 15+ instructional videos for various online course modules
o Various videos of teachers in action in a classroom for use in other videos
o Additional videography work as assigned
• May involve travel to conduct video interviews
• Will involve editing of video and audio as well as addition of audio and graphic components and enhancements
• Occasional coordination with Creative Services Manager on appropriate branding
• Will involve captioning and transcription process with supplied 3PlayMedia software
Employment takes place at Academic Extension’s Baker Downtown Center, with travel to various locations for video and audio capture.
• Experience with pre-production, production, and post-production of video content
• Experience in customer service
• Valid Driver’s License to acquire UO Driver Certification after hire
• Must be eligible for employment under prevailing U.S. immigration laws
• This position is subject to a criminal background check
• Currently working on a degree in subject matter related to Video Production
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with video production: recording, editing, publishing
• Experience conducting video interviews with a variety of subjects
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with various staff
• Familiarity with Apple/Mac operating environment
• Experience using Adobe Premiere video editing software
November 4, 2016
Submit an email cover letter expressing your interest and relevant experience and attach your resume as a PDF. Send to Larissa Ennis, Sr. Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure consideration, please apply by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 17, 2016. The position will remain open until filled. Application reviews will begin October 18 and interviews will be scheduled soon after.