Domain Mapping for UO Blogs
UO Blogs has the ability to map to custom ‘.uoregon.edu‘ domains. For example, UO Blogs sites (‘blogs.uoregon.edu/<sitename>‘) can be mapped to a ‘<sitename>.uoregon.edu‘.
If are you interested in having your UO Blogs site mapped to a ‘.uoregon.edu ‘ domain, please read through the guidelines and fill out the form. If your request meets the specified guidelines, the Help Desk will process your request and you will be contacted when your site has successfully been mapped.
For further information, please contact the Information Services Help Desk.
- Only departments, administrative units, and ASUO-recognized groups are eligible for a hostname
- Students are not eligible
- Individual faculty or staff websites are not eligible
- Hostnames for blog use are not eligible
- Each site can have only one host name
- The site that you would like a hostname for must exist prior to submitting your request
- The owner of the site requesting a hostname must be a permanent faculty of staff member
- The hostname must be lowercase, with no spaces, special characteristics, or symbols and is limited to 15 characters or less
- The hostname must be descriptive of your department or administrative unit
- If the hostname you are requesting is currently in use, the Help Desk will work with you to find a hostname that is not in use and still meets the departments/ administrative unit’s needs
- Owner(s) of the site are responsible for managing their own content and complying with the Terms of Service for Academic Web Publishing and Collaboration Services
- For IT support, please contact your local IT support group. If your department or administrative unit does not have local IT support, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org