Northwest eLearning Community Conference (local Blackboard Users Group)
Registration is now available! Go directly to the registration page and/or check out the NWeLearn web site. The conference will cost $45 for both days, or $30 for a single day. Hotel info is also available from the web site.
The call for proposals has been extended to August 31. Submit now for best consideration.
Keynote – Dr. Alec Couros
The keynote will be Alec Couros, Ph.D., who is an influential scholar and advocate of openness in distributed learning environments. He has spoken, blogged and given workshops on topics such as openness in education, social/networked learning, instructional design, digital citizenship, and critical media literacy. more …
The NW eLearning Community Conference is a cost-effective, high-quality regional conference. We will also have an online option for some of the sessions for those who can’t make it due to travel or budget difficulties.
Prior to the conference we are continuing our webinar series: Thu. Sept. 23, 3 p.m. PT/4 p.m. MT – Synchronous Tools in Online and Blended Courses – Dr. Christine Bauer – mark your calendars – details to follow.
Comments from previous attendees:
- “Great content, great networking, great food!”
- “Every session was helpful. Some were incredibly packed with information on new [eLearning] technologies so I learned a lot. Great networking.”
- “Networking opportunities with people nearby (e.g. NW), faculty development roundtable; great facility – cost – schedule”
- “Friendly, informal, excellent pedagogical coverage”
- “Well organized, intimate, lots of time for social networking”