UO: Blackboard News
News about the UO’s Blackboard course information system from the UO Libraries
Making course sites available
It’s a new term, and instructors using blackboard must make their new sites available to students. To make your site available:
1. Go to the blue Control Panel menu at the lower left of any page in your site.
2. Click “Customization”, which generates an expanded menu.
3. In the expanded menu click “Properties”, which opens a new “Properties” page.
4. Scroll down to the Set Availability section of the page.
5. For “Make Course Available,” click “Yes” and then “Submit.” You’re done.
Sites from previous terms will automatically become unavailable to students during the second week of the new term.
Blackboard down March 24-25
As previously announced, Blackboard will be down during spring break, starting Wednesday, Mar 24, at 8am. We expect to be back in operation by noon on Thursday, Mar 25.
During this outage we will be reconfiguring the hardware for the blackboard servers — moving from dedicated servers located in Knight Library to virtual servers operated in Information Services. We also expect to install Blackboard 9 service pack 3, which includes a large number of bug fixes and performance improvements.
Power outage March 21
There will be a power outage affecting large parts of campus this Sunday, Mar 21, from 4am until noon (depending on the particular building). Blackboard is expected to be UP and available throughout this period, but network access to it might be disrupted in some locations.