Pilot testing indicated Canvas will save faculty, GTFs and students time and enhance student engagement that may lead to improved learning outcomes. Faculty, GTF and student pilot testers rated Canvas very high for the friendly and easy-to-learn user interface, grade book feature, e-mail communications/notifications, overall navigation and speed grading functionality. Canvas also provides a free mobile interface.
- 89% of Faculty & GTFs and 75% of students who tested Canvas were “satisfied” or “extremely satisfied” with Canvas.
- 80% of faculty and GTFs and 63% of students who tested Canvas rated it as “much better” or somewhat better” than previous systems.
- 80% of faculty and GTFs who tested Canvas recommend switching from the current system to Canvas.
- 75% of faculty and GTFs agreed or strongly agreed that Canvas made their teaching more efficient and 44% of students agreed that Canvas saved them time.
- 52% of students agree or strongly agree that Canvas helped them become more engaged with course content.
- 44% agreed or strongly agreed that Canvas helped them learn course content more effectively.