1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.
I moved from Council Bluffs, Iowa to attend UO, but did my undergrad at Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa where I just graduated from this past spring. I landed on the UO AAD program while searching for arts/historical administration and preservation programs. My choices were between UO and the Art History program at the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota. Not wanting to be buried under several feet of snow for two more years and of course deciding which program would fit me better, I chose UO.
2. Area of concentration in AAD?
My area of concentration is Museum Studies.
3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:
Computer platform you use (Mac, PC, Linux, other)
Smart phones, tablets, other hand held/smart devices
Digital Cameras, Video, Audio devices
Peripherals – printers, scanners, other necessary and/or cool gadgets
I use a Mac for ChinaVine work. I also used Mac’s while in undergrad for programs such as Final Cut Pro and audio editing. I have a Sony PC for personal use as well. I own an iPhone 4, for basic use. I also have a Kindle Fire which I use mainly for books. I have experience with iPads as well. I have experience with digital cameras, video and audio recorders because of courses I took during my undergrad. I also have basic knowledge and experience with scanners and printers.
4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.
I have used Microsoft Word processors a lot, as well as video and audio software such as Final Cut Pro for videos for certain work projects in the past. I have also used Adobe Photoshop in some instances for some graphic design.
5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?
I have media production experience from my undergrad. I have a minor in Media Studies, where I worked on making short films, documentaries, commercials, news stories and sports stories. I also worked on Loras College Television where I did some reporting and a lot of work for SportsZone (another Loras College program). I was also the biweekly teleprompter manager for SportsZone for a semester, a very important job if I do say so myself.
I also have experience with various versions of Photoshop from an internship that I did with the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium where I was tasked with making signs for certain exhibits.
6. Know anything about typography?
I do not.
7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.
I use social media apps such as Facebook and Instagram. I have also used Blogger for keeping a blog during trips abroad. I have also used websites such as Wix and Weebly to host portfolios and projects.
8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.
Yes, I use Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
9. Tell me something unique about yourself.
I ran cross country and track in undergrad at Loras College. Go Duhawks!
10. Anything else?
Not that I can think of.