Claire Alexander

I was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. Since I was young, I have been a hands on learner and that is why I chose to pursue a degree in Product Design. While I was in Eugene, my material study focus was in ceramics. My other projects for my PD classes have used woodworking (carving and machining) and sewing with different materials such as leather and cordura.

When I am not working on my product design projects I am behind the camera taking photos of my friends, family, and couples! I also spend time exploring the world, hanging out with my friends, and playing with my pups. I am a huge animal lover and have been working with multiple local pet companies in Oregon since high school. This has really allowed me to pursue my passion for animals and design. Through working with these companies while completing my degree, I have learned a lot about time management, product development, material processes, and using my ability to connect with others and animals to sell and create new and current products. I would like to take the skills and processes I have learned and use them to pursue my passion creating new and useful products for animals.