Proposal

Research Question

The research question I want to dig into is what direction is literature evolving towards through the lens of these books both The Sport of Gods and Braiding Sweetgrass?

With the addition of connections from these books to how these changes in novels and literature could tell us something about the direction books are beginning to take as well as our society is going in the future.

Focusing on current societal feelings and the way they were previously written and felt when the novels were written.

How it Will be Possible

I hope to achieve how the digital world evolved with a few steps:

• a brain map of my brain with the ideas I have learned then including questions of how has the world evolved through these two books. As well including other parts of history with other novels, history books, maps, as well as sport reports.
  • The significance of this project is explaining to the world how far digital literacy has come as well over this class period and how far I have come.
  • The contribution will be for incoming students. They will be able to understand key ideas I have learned in this process and then for how far the world has come it will show progress but as well that the world is not done improving on being more digitally competent.
  • The context of this research is people interested in the idea of how the world has developed and where they have developed specifically. As well people interested in where progress can be made.
  • It is for people who want to understand where digital competency can be lacking. As well people in the future class on key ideas I have developed in such a quick period of time and how they can take key ideas to help them improve.
  • As well I would like to add a map, this map will be a map of America and how through the time how states have evolved in their own writing and where parts of society have evolved or are still behind. An example would be where racism is still felt in society in certain state or where states have evolved from society.

Digital Tools

Digital tools I will need are:

• an image of a brain
  • a story map design
  • website on how to draw online
  • the pdf of both books that I have desired
  • the ability to find my keywords I have used
  • maps online and history books online.

The DH processes I will need

The DH processes I will need to use to be comfortable answering my desired questions will be:

• annotations
  • database building
  • story mapping
  • topic modeling
  • analyzing different types of data.

The reason I chose these digital tools is because those are the areas I am most lacking in. There are definitely more ideas that I am blanking on right now but these are the ones I feel I am most lacking. As well I feel these tools will be the most helpful in beginning this process without these tools I would not be able to start. For the DH processes I wanted to have annotations of the maps, books, sports reports, and other novels because this will help me find the key parts of where I can feel the history of the books or the new age of the books.

Experts needed

• I will need an artist
  • a data analyst
  • a good annotator.

My Steps 

• First I will data analyze and figure out the answer to my question.
  • Second I will go through what I have learned through this process.
  • Next I will apply the answer of the question into a long descriptive answer.
  • Fourth I will draw the brain map and create strong visuals for both parts of the project. Lastly I will storymap my process in this class.
  • 5th I will create a map of the Staes of America with an evolution from 1850 to today with slides of every 25 years showing the direction states have taken in their evolution of writing and society.

I am qualified for this project because I am a digitally competent student who has learned about so much knowledge and I am ready to take a step up from the work I have been doing and want to make an impact on society.

Prototype: