Status of migrations
In May we reported some issues that had caused us to postpone migrating any additional business processes to Banner 9. Through a focused collaborative effort between Information Services and the Financial Aid office, we have made significant progress in resolving those issues and now plan to continue Banner 9 migrations in other functional areas. Here is the status of work in those areas:
- Business Affairs
- Business Affairs has completed user acceptance testing for the majority of its internal business processes — that is, those used only by that office — and is ready to go live with those business processes.
- Information Services and Business Affairs are working to identify a launch date in July for those processes.
- The remaining internal Business Affairs processes will be ready to launch after user acceptance testing is complete.
- Payroll has completed user acceptance testing for all of its internal business processes and is ready to go live with those business processes.
- Information Services and Payroll are working to identify a launch date in July for those processes.
- Office of the Registrar
- Development on the first set of Student business processes is on track for completion by mid-July.
- The launch of those business processes is planned for the second week of August.
Ellucian begins work on form conversions
- Initial Ellucian engagement: The limited-scope engagement with Ellucian to convert a selection of forms from Banner 8 to Banner 9 has progressed into the development phase of this work. We are anticipating six to eight weeks of development and user acceptance testing before completing this engagement.
- Planned future Ellucian engagement: Additional funding has been approved to work with Ellucian to convert a much larger collection of forms to help ensure we complete the Banner 9 project on time. The business processes selected for this conversion work are in the following areas:
- Accounts Receivable