COVID-19 special Notes:
The information contained on the page below was developed before the sudden upheaval caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic. The situation continues to evolve more rapidly than we can update this information. Many campus entities are maintaining official pages with COVID-19 updates and where possible we will refer to these pages.
Graduate Academic Advising:
With classes transitioning to remote platforms for the duration of spring term in observance of COVID-19 precautions, the success of our School of Architecture and Environment community is our main priority. Though we will not be holding in-person advising appointments, we are working outside of the office Monday–Friday to continue to advise and assist students through Virtual appointments. To make an appointment or contact us with questions, Email email@example.com.
The Office of Academic Advising is maintaining resource pages with the most up to date information on University response and policy changes with regard to COVID-19: https://advising.uoregon.edu/
The graduate school is maintaining a page with the latest details for Graduate school policy and operations changes here: https://gradschool.uoregon.edu/
Fall term: It has yet to be determined if classes will be held in person or remotely. The School of Architecture and Environment will adhere to the University of Oregon decisions.
Please refer to this page for the latest updates: https://www.uoregon.edu/coronavirus
Welcome New Graduate Admits to the Ph.D Major in Landscape Architecture for Fall Term!
We are excited that you will be joining our community! The next steps for you are:
- You are invited to Grad Day!
- Submit the Graduate Admission Decision Form (accept or decline) and Pay the Program Deposit by April 15
- If you have not done so already, finish your admissions application by submitting any missing graduate materials you may have been informed about from the UO Graduate School
- New Graduate Student checklist
- International students: Getting Started
- One Stop Graduate Student Resources
- Contact Mark Eischeid for new student instructions and registration advising
- Review the PhD Handbook prior to the first day of class
- Current student website | School of Architecture & Environment
- Check out the UO Scholarship Dashboard
- Department of Landscape Architecture Funding
- Graduate Employee (GE) information
Starting in early May, you will receive a 10+ week orientation email series from Student Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will walk you through much of what you need to know and do to get started at the UO. For immediate questions, please contact a member of our recruiting team at email@example.com (541.346.1740).
School of Architecture & Environment (SAE) Mandatory Fall Orientation:
Day/Date/Time are to be determined (Offered during the week before the start of classes)
All Student Faculty Staff Meeting:
- First day of fall term at 1:00 p.m. (location TBD) Landscape all-school student/faculty/staff meeting
New Ph.D. Admit Administrative Meeting with SAE staff:
Ph.D. Registration, Schedule of Classes, Academic Calendars
Be sure and Claim Your Duck ID first.
- How to Reset Your PAC/Forgot Your PAC
- Schedule of Classes
- Register for Classes (Duck Web)
- UO Email & Technical Support
- Academic Calendars
- Registration Schedule
- Duck Store (text books and supplies)
Your UO ID number and PAC notification should have been sent to you from the UO Admissions office a few weeks after you submitted your UO Graduate Application. If you didn’t receive this notification, please contact UO Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ph.D. – Fall Term Registration
All independent study courses (ARCH 601 Research, ARCH 605 Reading, ARCH 606 Special Topics require a Pre-authorization form:
- Independent Study Request Form:
- Pre-authorization Request for Individualized Study Form
- CRN’s (course numbers from schedule of classes)
Your supervising faculty will automatically get a request for approval after you complete the online form. This should be done prior to the start of the term.
Individualized Study Courses & Pre-Authorization Form
All independent study courses (ARCH 601 Research, ARCH 605 Reading, ARCH 606 Special Topics require a Pre-authorization form to be completed in cooperation with and sent in by a supervising faculty prior to the start of the term.
College of Design Student Services
The College of Design Student Services office offers general education advising, career services, job and internship assistance, scholarship information, and referrals to student groups so that you can explore, engage, and connect through classes, internships, and events.
Housing and Employment
- School of Architecture & Environment Student Housing Blog (email email@example.com to post to the blog)
- Housing Options for International Students
- University Housing
Hardware and Software Requirements
Digital tools are necessary for all landscape architects. The department requires all students to have unlimited access to their own personal computer. Because of the professional application of complex graphic programs and large data files for most coursework, the department’s computer requirements exceed the average user’s computing needs. See the College of Design Student Computer Purchasing Guide for recommended specifications and departmental requirements. In addition to hardware requirements, please note the department’s specific software requirements and recommendations.