Welcome New Undergraduate Admits to the Architecture Major!
We are excited that you will be joining our community! The next steps for you are:
Step 1. All New Majors
- Submit the Architecture Undergraduate Admission Decision Form to the Department of Architecture (accept or decline) by May 1
Step 2. New UO Students
Step 3. New & Current UO Students
NEW UO Students: Sign up for a UO Student Orientation & Academic Advising Session
Experiences for first-year undergraduates
Don’t forget to join your Facebook group for Architecture Undergraduates
New Winter Admits for Architecture Undergraduate Students
- Winter admission decisions will be emailed by the end of December
- New students will receive an email pre-authorizing them to take ARCH 283 studio along with ARCH 202
- Register using the CRN’s from the email
- Refer to the guide for adding and dropping classes
- Complete the online Admission Decision Form by January 1
- Your major will be revised by the UO Registrar to Arch
- Email Archinfo@uoregon.edu to set up an advising appointment for major advising
Academic Advising & Student Services
Academic advising for current UO students is available from the College of Design academic advisors in the 105 Lawrence Hall Student Services Office on the first floor of Lawrence Hall. Students can make appointments by going to 105 Lawrence Hall or by calling 541-346-2621.
New Student Registration Resources
- New Student Registration Help Book
- How to Reset Your PAC/Forgot Your PAC
- Schedule of Classes (see Arch subjects)
- Register for Classes (Duck Web)
- Duck Store (text books and supplies)
New Students need to register for ARCH 201 (Architecture majors) for fall term.
- New students will register for classes (including Arch 201) as part of their IntroDUCKtion advising session.
- Current UO students should schedule an appointment with an advisor to appropriate courses prior to their assigned fall term registration priority schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment with Student Services in 105 LAWRENCE HALL
- Non-degree seeking exchange undergraduate students admitted to the Architecture program need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to plan courses while on exchange and get necessary pre-authorizations to enroll in courses. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Students can make appointments by going to 105 Lawrence Hall or by calling 541-346-2621.
Hardware and Software Requirements
All students in the Department of Architecture are required to have a personal computer. In addition to the computer requirement, there is a listing of specific software. You can find these specific requirements on the College of Design Technology Services website.
American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
You may also get connected to current UO Architecture students by contacting the UO Chapter President of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) organization. The mentor program is run by AIAS and aims to help first year students in the major through their introductory classes. This program is HIGHLY encouraged!
Housing and Employment Options
- Academic Residential Community
- School of Architecture & Environment Student Housing Blog (email firstname.lastname@example.org to post to the blog)
- Housing Options for International Students
- University Housing
- Student employment search for campus jobs
Scholarships, Financial Aid, UO Tuition
- Scholarships for SAE are administered through the UO Scholarship Dashboard
- UO Tuition Costs–select your residency and change the student classification as “Undergraduate”
- UO Residency Policy