COVID-19 special Notes:
The information contained on the page below was developed before the sudden upheaval caused by the COVID-19 global pandemic. The situation continues to evolve more rapidly than we can update this information. Many campus entities are maintaining official pages with COVID-19 updates and where possible we will refer to these pages.
Undergraduate Academic Advising:
With classes transitioning to remote platforms for the duration of spring term in observance of COVID-19 precautions, the success of our College of Design community is our main priority. Though we will not be holding in-person advising appointments, we are working outside of the office Monday–Friday to continue to advise and assist students through Virtual appointments and Online Chats. To make an appointment or contact us with questions, Visit this page: https://design.uoregon.edu/student-services
The Office of Academic Advising is maintaining resource pages with the most up to date information on University response and policy changes with regard to COVID-19: https://advising.uoregon.edu/
Please refer to this page for the latest updates: https://www.uoregon.edu/coronavirus
Fall term: The School of Architecture and Environment will adhere to the University of Oregon decisions.
Welcome New Undergraduate Admits to the Architecture Major!
We are excited that you will be joining our community! The next steps for you are:
-All New Bachelor of Architecture Majors
- Submit the Architecture Undergraduate Admission Decision Form to the Department of Architecture (accept or decline) by Sept. 1
- For undergraduate program advising questions that cannot be answered at your Summer IntroDUCKtion orientation advising session, contact College of Design Student Services, https://design.uoregon.edu/student-services, located in 105 Lawrence Hall in Eugene, 541-346-2621
- Bookmark the College of Design Student Services website
- Your major will be updated to ARCH in Duck Web either by UO Admissions (for new UO students) or UO Major Changes (for current UO students) no later than the start of classes for your admit term (fall or winter)
-NEW UO Students
If you are going to be a NEW student at the UO this year AND you have have recently been offered admission to the major from the department, your next steps are:
- Confirm you have been admitted the University of Oregon via UO Admissions. To attend the program, you must also be admitted by the University of Oregon
- Sign up for Summer IntroDUCKtion
- Check out the UO Scholarship Dashboard
- Claim Your Duck ID
- Use the Before You Arrive checklist
- International students: Use the Pre-Arrival Checklist
Resources for first-year undergraduates
- Undergraduate Education and Student Success
- Equity & Inclusion
- First-Year Interest Groups (FIGS)
- Academic Residential Community
- Student Housing
-CURRENT UO Students
If you have already been admitted to the UO AND you are currently enrolled and taking classes at the UO AND you were offered admission to the major from the department that will result in a change of major or declared major for you, your next steps are below:
- For undergraduate program advising services, contact College of Design Student Services, https://design.uoregon.edu/student-services, located in 105 Lawrence Hall in Eugene, 541-346-2621
- Major change questions can be directed to the departmental Student Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the UO Scholarship Dashboard
New Winter Admits for Architecture Undergraduate Students
- Winter admission decisions will be emailed by the end of December
- New students will receive an email pre-authorizing them to take ARCH 283 studio along with ARCH 202
- Register using the CRN’s from the email
- Refer to the guide for adding and dropping classes
- Complete the online Admission Decision Form by January 1
- Your major will be revised by the UO Registrar to Arch
- Email Archinfo@uoregon.edu to set up an advising appointment for major advising
New Student Registration Resources
- New Student Registration Help Book
- How to Reset Your PAC/Forgot Your PAC
- Schedule of Classes (see Arch subjects)
- Register for Classes (Duck Web)
- Duck Store (text books and supplies)
New Students need to register for ARCH 201 (Architecture majors) for fall term.
- New students will register for classes (including Arch 201) as part of their IntroDUCKtion advising session.
- Current UO students should schedule an appointment with an advisor to appropriate courses prior to their assigned fall term registration priority schedule. instructions for scheduling appointments can be found here: https://design.uoregon.edu/student-services
- Non-degree seeking exchange undergraduate students admitted to the Architecture program need to schedule an appointment with an advisor to plan courses while on exchange and get necessary pre-authorizations to enroll in courses. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Students can make appointments by contacting the College of Design Student Services, https://design.uoregon.edu/student-services, located in 105 Lawrence Hall in Eugene, 541-346-2621
Hardware and Software Requirements
All students in the Department of Architecture are required to have a personal computer. In addition to the computer requirement, there is a listing of specific software. You can find these specific requirements on the College of Design Technology Services website.
American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
You may also get connected to current UO Architecture students by contacting the UO Chapter President of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) organization. The mentor program is run by AIAS and aims to help first year students in the major through their introductory classes. This program is HIGHLY encouraged!
Housing and Employment Options
- School of Architecture & Environment Student Housing Blog (email firstname.lastname@example.org to post to the blog)
- Housing Options for International Students
- University Housing
- Student employment search for campus jobs
UO Tuition, Residency Policy
- UO Tuition Costs–select your residency and change the student classification as “Undergraduate”
- UO Residency Policy