Welcome New Architecture Undergraduate Students!
If you have been offered admission by the Department of Architecture, the next steps in the process are:
- Submit the departmental Undergraduate Admission Decision Form (accept or decline) by May 1 (late application transfer applicants by June 5)
- Finish the Before You Arrive checklist
- International students: Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Join your Facebook Group for Architecture Undergraduates
UO Admissions (email@example.com) will check for required admission materials. Once this process has been finalized, UO Admissions will send an additional admission letter (paper copy) to the address you listed on your university application. Your major will eventually be changed by UO Admissions to ARCH no later than fall term.
Sign up for a UO Student Orientation & Academic Advising Session
Questions? Contact Student Orientation Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-346-1167.
New Winter Admits for Architecture Undergraduate Students
- Winter admission decisions will be emailed by the end of the third week of December
- New students will receive an email by the end of the third week of December pre-authorizing them to take ARCH 283 studio along with ARCH 202.
- Register using the CRN’s from the email.
- Refer to the guide for adding and dropping classes.
- Complete the online Admission Decision Form by January 1st.
- Your major will be revised by the UO Registrar to Arch.
- Email Archinfo@uoregon.edu to set up an advising appointment for major advising.
- You may also schedule an appointment with an advisor through the online scheduling system:
- Go to https://uo.campus.eab.com/
- Log in using your Duck ID
- Click on “Schedule an Appointment”
- Under what type of appointment, select “General Advising”
- Once “General Advising” is selected choose the main topic (e.g. Major/Minor questions, Schedule Planning, or Other Topics)
- Choose “College of Design Student Services” as location and select Trever Bruhn as your advisor.
- Choose date and time and click on “Confirm Appointment” button.
Registration, Schedule of Classes, Academic Calendars
- How to Reset Your PAC/Forgot Your PAC
- Schedule of Classes (see Arch subjects)
- Register for Classes (Duck Web)
- Academic Calendars
- Registration Schedule
- Duck Store (text books and supplies)
Your UO ID number and PAC notification should have been sent to you from the UO Admissions/Registrar office a few weeks after you submitted your UO Application. If you didn’t receive this notification, please contact UO Admissions/Registrar at email@example.com.
New Students need to register for ARCH 201 (Architecture majors) for fall term.
- Current UO students are able to register for Arch 201 per their assigned fall term registration priority schedule
- New students will register for classes (including Arch 201) as part of their IntroDUCKtion advising session
Currently Enrolled UO Students and Non-Degree Seeking Exchange Students Admitted to the Architecture Program
- Currently enrolled UO students and non-degree seeking exchange undergraduate students admitted to the Architecture program who need to schedule an appointment with an advisor should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration questions? Contact email@example.com
Individualized Study Courses & Pre-Authorization
If you need to register for an individualized study course that requires pre-authorization (research, reading, special problems), please refer to the pre-authorization form and related instructions on the current student website.
Department Mandatory Hardware and Software Requirements
All students in the Department of Architecture are required to have a personal computer. In addition to the computer requirement, there is a listing of specific software. You can find these specific requirements on the College of Design Technology Services website.
College of Design Student Services
The College of Design Student Services office offers general education advising, career services, job and internship assistance, scholarship information, and referrals to student groups so that you can explore, engage, and connect through classes, internships, and events.
American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS)
You may also get connected to current UO Architecture students by contacting the UO Chapter President of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) organization. The mentor program is run by AIAS and aims to help first year students in the major through their introductory classes. This program is HIGHLY encouraged!
Housing and Employment Options
- School of Architecture & Environment Student Housing Blog (email firstname.lastname@example.org to post to the blog)
- Housing Options for International Students
- University Housing
- Student employment search for campus jobs
Scholarships, Financial Aid, UO Tuition
- UO Tuition Costs–select Undergraduate (College of Design Studio) for student classification
- UO Residency Policy