Some Work in Progress

I have done a few experiments/prototypes in preparation for the final project. My first attempts involved concentric circles based on the early Bauhaus experiments with paper. Below I have posted from images from my second experiment. Unfortunately these images were taken with my crappy camera , but I’ll try to get some better shots along the way with the schools cameras.

Anyways, this prototype is based on a pattern found in coral formation. My studio project to date has been looking at a number of these formations and their potential application and benefits in building systems. I believe that such systems could offer some dynamic spatial experiences as well as a number of other benefits which I plan on talking about in a later post. I see my final project as being indirectly related to my studio through the use of similar patterns. However, I think my final project for this class will focus much directly on phenomenological effects. I plan to make a few test patterns before starting on my final project which I hope will be a large installation which you can enter. I’ll post some more on my plans, but I at least wanted to get some of my progress/ideas posted for today.I think the forms are dynamic and the colors from the advertising on the boxes reflect quite nicely.

coral prototype 1 coral prototype 2