People Watch

As I am waiting outside my classroom, waiting for my class to start, I notice a girl who is sitting across from me. She has earphones in and is nodding her head up and down. I’m assuming she’s nodding her head to the rhythm of her music. Her attire is very interesting; She has bright clothes underneath her dark layers. I feel like internally, she is a very bright person, is outgoing and likes to be creative. But the darker colors on the outside represent that she wants people to know she is mellow and composed. It’s either that or she’s trying to keep herself warm from the extremely cold weather. But I also notice that she has paintings/drawings drawn all over the converses. I think she is a very creative and artistic person because the designs on her shoes were very detailed and intricate. Her hair was full of highlights and streaks which looked like she had some glowing personality shining out, just similar to her clothes.

Another person I see sitting next to me in class is a girl wearing a lot of cosmetics on her face. At first, I think she thought of herself as insecure which was why she wore so much make up, but it could just make herself feel better about herself. Then I examined the clothing she wore. It was mainly the clothes that you would see on Vogue magazine or some other fashion magazine. It looked like she dressed to impress people. She looked like she was 21 years of age by the way she dressed in such confidence. When she turned her head, I saw a tattoo on her neck with roman numerals. I think that date could be a very important day that she wants to remember forever, and I respect her for that. I believe her values are that she does not care what others think of her, she does what she feels is right to her, but at the same time, she knows her morals.

Last person I see as I walk home, is a young gentleman who looked like was in a hurry for class. I think he was an international student from Asia because he was speaking in Chinese to another friend beside him. He dressed in adidas clothing, nike shoes, but had a thick frame of glasses. By the way he dressed, I think his attire was to express that he was very comfortable in how he dressed and that he wanted to learn. Like, I feel he doesn’t care about what people think about what he was wearing, as long as he was learning. He was carrying an economics book with him as he walked and started opening it while he walked. I’m guessing he had a test for the class. But this shows that he was very focused in school and took things seriously for academics.

One thought on “People Watch

1. Hi, alinadang, it is very interesting reading your blog, and the third person you brought up made me impressed. It is interesting because last week and this week are having a lot of midterms going on, and through your descriptions, I feel like I can imagine that picture which has a guy wearing glasses with a EC book in hurry. You said that he probably is a student who loves study, but I kind think of this in a different way. Every time I saw a student on his way to exam and still with text book or notes in hands, I guess he might just does not ready yet. But again, it is really interesting to see that you see this in a different way, and people have different assumptions when they see a same thing or people.