I’m lazy, so instead of writing an actual post about my Vert Paleo meeting, I’ve storifyied (is that a word?) my tweets from the meeting. Share and enjoy!

4DBio’s #2013 SVP

4DBio’s #2013 SVP

Tweets from me at this year’s SVP meeting in Los Angeles.

1. Back in Eugene! #2013SVP is over for the University of Oregon crew.
  2. Mini-symposium on #BetaDiversity in the San Francisco room has me happy to be alive! #2013SVP
  3. Holroyd: We need to be explicit about the number of specimens that we _don’t_ identify as well as what we do. #2013SVP
  4. I’m busily taking all of the snark out of the meeting version of my talk so I can upload it for the afternoon’s session. #2013SVP
  5. Poster day! Come see my undergrad minion talk about baby oreodonts! I’ll be nearby, talking about variability in agriochoeres! #2013svp
  6. A wayward Longisquama in the poster session at #2013SVP (PS, we’re from the same undergrad lab!) t.co/dWo4aPyBdD
  7. I’m getting some good interest in the Omomyids that half of @MarysRevenge sent to #2013SVP
  8. Don’t miss our stuffie Rakomeryx at poster 19 this afternoon! #2013SVP t.co/H3VCeAeJLp
  9. Mihlbachler: We have yet to reach Peak Brontothere, but we have had to resort to brontothere #fracking to find small species. #2013SVP
  10. Be sure to check out my students’ posters: 17, 18, 19. We have 3D oreodonts, baby oreodonts, and a stuffie Rakomeryx. #2013SVP @MarysRevenge
  11. I’m riding LA #publictransit back to #2013SVP. I am surprised how many folks are in the trains. Who says LA is a car-only city?
  12. Briliant logistic reg of predator-prey interactions by Koch et al. Are African ecosystems more stable than pre-ecxtinction NAm? #2013SVP
  13. .@tonybarnosky suggests that climate change + human population change combined to make stronger #extinction intensity in S SAmerica #2013SVP
  14. I’m surprised at the number of audible cell ringers at #2013SVP. Please silence your phones!
  15. Today has been a festival of #hypsodony talks at #2013SVP. Now we get to learn about hypsodonty in South America from Caroline Stromberg.
  16. Made it to #2013SVP. No tweets this morning because there was too much Science!
  17. Only 400 miles to #2013SVP! I can almost taste it! And by taste, I mean imagine being there.
  18. @jessicablois I want to introduce you to Meaghan, of @MarysRevenge. She has a new cave site to chat about.
  19. Egads! I’m on a trip across country and I still have my pocket knife and my toiletries aren’t in a ziploc bag! I must be driving to #2013SVP
  20. Headed to the #thriftshop to look for a Panama hat to complete my Alan Grant costume. #2013SVP
  21. @TomHoltzPaleo Jack Horner will have to dress up to #cosplay Alan grant like the rest of us. #2013SVP inspiration != costume
  22. I’m having a crazy day at @UO_MNCH, as we move all the specimens for #ExploreOregon and approve illustrations before leaving for #2013SVP
  23. In fact, I wonder if we could get an army of Alan Grants (of both sexes) at the meeting. An Alan Grant #flashmob!!!?? #2013SVP