Assignment for Tuesday:  1.1 Research

Assignment for Tuesday: 1.1 Research

Dear Students

Thank you for you patience!!  Thursday was soooo frustrating for me but I think the issue is resolved. I know we have a lot of topics but lets keep this in mind:

URBAN DESIGN THEORY

+

DATA SKILLS

So don’t worry TOO much about integrating them.

**I WOULD REALLY LOVE IF YOU SLOWLY BUILT A LOVE / PASSION (NO EMOJI HEART ON WORDPRESS) FOR YOUR PROJECT INTEREST. Thusly please see the list of work to do below. We can afford the time to go to the site BUT only if you have your Eugene urban problem in mind via your thorough research. A lot is at stake the rest of the term but we also need to ground the problem in the place and Eugene.

URBAN DESIGN THEORY

• Make a blog post with words, diagrams by hand, GIF/s, research citations about your problem of interest in Eugene and globally. Review all the blog posts!   Watch. [blog category 1.1 Research]
  • Read and comment on 3 ideas  Speranza, P. (2017) “A human-scaled GIS: Measuring and visualizing social interaction in Barcelona’s Superilles” Journal of Urbanism: International Research on Placemaking and Urban Sustainability” This is a very dense but important reading!!! Rueda couldnt steal it. lol.    [1.2 Reading]

DATA SKILLS

• ASSIGNMENT: 00A ARDUINO 1-5

please let me know ASAP if you need more material!

• Rhino Grasshopper Elk – Please see the template (ARCH 423/523/Files/01 TEMPLATES/01 PART I/01 GIS VIZ TOOL ‘ELEPHANT’)  Use this to start to develop backgrounds:
    • Tigard video 3 orientation plans 1) City (mostly satellite view), 2)  Neighborhood (mostly line work and icons) and 3) Immediate Site. [blog category: 1.3 Drawings]
    • We will start to overlay a lens or design interest to these drawings ONCE we decide and better understand the granular level design interest (problem).
    • **Id love for you to try using Rhino Grasshopper Elk and MAKE things with it. Tuesday I will go over more of the plan.

We will GO to the site Thursday, NOT Tuesday. I think it makes more sense to gather Tuesday to talk about urban problems and review start of the work.