Schelske_Ellie_S21_1.1a

Schelske_Ellie_S21_1.1a

Schelske_Ellie_S 

The Geometric vs Algebraic Combination is centered around proportion and thus my diagrams for this case were inspired by the evolution of streets from their organic, rough shapes to their angular, preconceived lines of today.

The Flocks, Schools, and Swarms represent a culmination of interaction through persons which I felt was best represented by the development of urbanism which concentrates on populations with the same purpose.

I was inspired by the Walking Out of Cubism to diagram the recent surge in minimalism and its presence in design that takes the eccentric characteristics of Cubism and simplifies those geometries for a subtle design.

Objects to fIelds diagramming were focused on the art of sculptures, which has transformed from anatomical studies into movement figures in recent years.

The Distributed Institution section reminded me of the mass societal migration of Industrialization which, like flocks, clustered a group of people together to serve the one purpose of production for the larger society.