Sign up for the 2013 University of Oregon Veteran’s Commencement Ceremony

Are you or someone you know a graduating Veteran?
Would you like to be a part of a meaningful Veteran’s commencement ceremony?
Do you like free food?

Join us for the University of Oregon’s 1st ever Veteran-only commencement ceremony.

Date: Saturday, June 15 2013
Time: 5 – 9 pm
Place: Eugene Hilton, 66 E 6th Ave; Eugene, OR 97401
We will provide food; No-Host bar available.

At the ceremony, Veterans will be given a special Red, White, and Blue braided honor cord symbolizing their self-sacrifice and service to their country, which they wear both during the Veteran’s commencement as well as any departmental commencement they attend.

Important: NEED TO RSVP by JUNE 7th! vfsa@uoregon.edu

Please provide Name, Branch of Service, degrees receiving, majors, minors, number of guests, as well as any additional information that you may wish to be stated during your announcement. We also encourage you to identify a family member who can briefly talk about your journey to this momentous occasion (3-5 minutes).

Please contact us and sign up today! vfsa@uoregon.edu

This entry was posted in Events, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Sign up for the 2013 University of Oregon Veteran’s Commencement Ceremony

1. Shelley Hill says:

Hello,
    I am graduating with my BA in Sociology. However, I already have plans to go camping with my son the weekend of the veteran ceremony.
    I would be honored to wear the special cord at my departmental commencement.
    May I pick one up?
    Shelley

2. Marina Gross says:

Hello Shelley,
    Congratulations on your achievement! Please check your UO email for a message from Marina.