Currently listening: Slow Season- Mountains 

Hello there!

The time has come!

The time has come to reawaken The Urban Farm blog again, and sometimes this means different viewpoints from many people and different authors; how beautiful!  This reminds me much of how the Urban Farm itself operates, many team leaders working together in one shared space.  Once in awhile you are reminded of a crowded Thanksgiving at your grandmothers with every aunt and cousin in the kitchen with you, all trying to prepare great-grandma’s recipe their own special way.. ya dig? But in the end everything comes out perfectly, and everyone leaves happy.

No matter the season, there is never enough sunlight available for us to be gardening: it’s just mint to bee!  I took Urban Farm over the winter term of 2015 (Jan-Mar) and I would love to share some pictures with you of that experience, since most people exclaim “Why would you take it over winter term?!” or “What could you even do during that time?!”

I also am currently enrolled in the Spring session (Mar-Jun) and would love to enlighten you with our daily/weekly progress reports of awakening the winter garden and prepping it for our spring season! Including harvest reports from vegetables planted previous terms, such as last fall, winter or year.  Maybe I’ll even share some information I’ve learned along the way, and you can do the same for me. :]

And just for fun, here are two pictures of me doing “Warrior Dash” last September:

kat warrior dash rope climb

kat WD rope 2Later Days

-Kat B!