NMCC Student Lands Research Fellowship with Intel

http://journalism.uoregon.edu/user/bpeake/
Bryce Peake (PhD Candidate, Media Studies):

“I received one of UO’s inaugural Julie and Rocky Dixon Awards in Graduate Innovation. As part of the award, I will spend next year at Intel as a technology research scientist working on a few projects. My research charts a socially conscious pathway for wearable technology innovation by grounding the development of wearables in the postcolonial histories and sociotechnical lives of deaf prostheses. The NMCC was crucial to making this happen, and it is because of the great courses I took through the certificate that I was able to connect my research with the innovation work Intel was doing. So, kudos to the certificate program!”

Kudos right back at you, Bryce!

Bryce Peake is a Julie and Rocky Dixon Doctoral Fellow in Graduate Innovation at Intel Labs, and a PhD Candidate in Media Studies in the School of Journalism & Communication. His research draws on science and technology studies, feminist standpoint theory, and historical anthropology to explore the somatic technopolitics of gender and media imperialism.

To learn more about Bryce, and what he has been up to with the aid of the Julie and Rocky Dixon Award, check out the Dixon Spotlight for more information.