1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

• I am an Oregon native, born and raised in Southern Oregon. However, before attending the AAD program at UO, I was living in Dijon, France. I moved back to the states in mid-August to attend this program.

2. Area of concentration in AAD?

• Museum Studies. I am undecided on a certificate focus though.

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:

• Computer platform you use (Mac, PC, Linux, other)
  • Smart phones, tablets, other hand held/smart devices
  • Digital Cameras, Video, Audio devices
  • Peripherals – printers, scanners, other necessary and/or cool gadgets

I have a MacBook Pro that I’ve used for the past three years. Prior to my introduction to Macs, I used PCs as my general computer platform, however it has been nearly seven years since I last used a PC on a regular basis. I use my iPhone constantly for a number of different things, ranging from social media sites, maps and directions, photography, music, and everything else that a Smart phone has to offer. I also use a Kindle Fire for reading from time to time. During my stay in France, that was the easiest platform for me to buy books in English.

I am familiar with digital cameras, however, I have not had the need to use one specifically, since I almost always have my iPhone on me during times that I want to take photos. I do not have very much experience using video or audio recorders (other than the use of the applications on my iPhone), but I have the impression that it would be something generally easy to learn the basics to.

Other items of technology that I am familiar with include basic printers, scanners, and copiers. I have not had the opportunity to use a 3D printer, but this is something that I would love to be able to explore in the future.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

• Currently, I use Mac OS X, version 10.7.5 (yes, I am aware that I need to update my software…). My personal reasons for using this software is that it is the software that is already in place on my computer. I haven’t had the need to use any other software system. Prior to attending the AAD program, my computer was basically a means of access to Facebook and Pinterest, therefore I didn’t need to use it for anything more in-depth than that.

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

• I have not had the opportunity to explore the realm of graphic design or digital media, other than minor photo editing.

6. Know anything about typography?

• I am somewhat familiar with typography. As an undergrad, I took a course on typesetting, and became familiar with the basics of typography and the printed word.

7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

• I had to look up what a Web 2.0 app was… but according to www.techterms.com, yes, I do use Web 2.0 apps. Mainly, I use social networking sites like Facebook, and very rarely Twitter. During my time in France, I attempted to create a blog for friends and family back home in the US to read. However, my attempts at blogging was a short lived endeavor.

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

• Yes, I do use Social Media on a regular basis. I generally stick to Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, but I also occasionally use Twitter, Voxer and Whatsapp.

9. Tell me something unique about yourself.

• I speak French, although I do not consider myself fluent. However, I feel as though I’m about as close as one can be to being fluent without actually being fluent.
  • I’ve been to the Cannes Film Festival twice, and I had no business attending either time.
  • When I 17 and was first choosing colleges for my undergrad, I chose University of Oregon based on the Mascot.
  • Although I attended UO for part of my undergrad, I ended up finishing my degree at Southern Oregon University. That choice was not based on the Mascot.

10. Anything else?

• This class is very intimidating to me, based solely on the fact that I am not as tech savvy as I would like to be. However, I feel as though it is a crucial component to my education, and am excited to learn more about how it can help my career goals.