Kaitlyn Chock

Public Relations Enthusiast. Proud Duck. Social Media Aficionado.

Welcome

Image Credit RunTimmy via Flickr

Hello, I’m Kaitlyn Chock and I’m a senior at the University of Oregon. I am majoring in public relations, media studies, and humanities. I am on track to graduate in June 2014, and I plan to start my professional career at a boutique agency on the West Coast.

I am an ambitious and curious undergrad with a passion for social media and brand management. I am in the process of researching my thesis, which will focus on the relationship between social media and brand perception. I will be looking at Oregon Athletics’ and how its social media use impacts its relationship with students at the University of Oregon.

In my university, I serve as the director of communications for Allen Hall Public Relations, the student-run firm, and as the junior scholars chair and the recruitment chair for Mortar Board, a senior honors society. Additionally, I am a member of the Public Relations Student Society of America, a member of the Student Alumni Association’s social media team, and a social media ambassador for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

I have started this blog for one of my public relations classes and will be blogging here for the next three months.

Feel free to email me at kchock@uoregon.edu or follow me on Twitter at @thtwhtkatiesaid.

Thank you for stopping by.