Godzilla, Cool Japan, and the Making of a Global Icon

William Tsutsui, Hendrix College president and professor of the History of Japan, explores Japanese popular culture and the looming media presence of the Godzilla franchise. Tsutsui’s lecture explains the monster’s popularity in the U.S. and his impact on the international zeitgeist. In particular, Tsutsui investigates Godzilla’s representation by various enterprises over time, and how they reflect historical contexts.

For more on this topic, see:

21 thoughts on “Godzilla, Cool Japan, and the Making of a Global Icon

1. Your location influences your choice of internet service provider. You might not have access to lightning-fast fibre, but you might have access to the best cable service. It is critical to pick the best ISP for your internet usage. It’s pointless to pay for a service that only does half the job. This is why we assist you in locating the ideal ISP and package to meet your requirements.
    https://www.topinternetplans.com/internet-service-providers.html

2. I’m impressed by your ideas and skills that you elaborate this topic as well, I must say I’m impressed by reading this blog and I’ll definitely suggest to others to read this post. Here Air Conditioning Sydney is providing best AC services, you must visit there.

3. lecture explains the monster’s popularity in the U.S. and his impact on the international zeitgeist. In particular, Tsutsui investigates Godzilla’s representation by various enterprises over time, and how they reflect historical contexts. arabuloku

4. Great website you have here. It’s hard to find high-quality writing like yours these days. Thank you for your articles. I find them very helpful. I really appreciate people like you! Take care and have a great day ahead!!
    Karya Bintang Abadi