Art, Games, and Tech

In the article Computer Graphics: Effects of Origins, author Beverly Jones briefly talks about the early history of computer graphic and more recently and contemporary computer graphics, and she also brings up some good ideas about how these changes of computer graphics influence cultures.

In my opinion, I believe these changes are dramatic and rapid, and it have great effects on human beings and our society; just like Jones states “These changes are not simply technical effects. They contribute to maintenance and change of culturally conditioned conceptual patterns in the larger cultural historical context.” (P.21) However, when considering of the relationship between art and technology, I think that technology is not always promoting art, and technology will never replace people to create art.

3 Comments on Art, Games, and Tech

1. Zan
    November 23, 2014 at 11:52 pm (9 years ago)

When you reference technology not being able to promote art, does that mean art can potentially promote technology in a negative way? How is the relationship different when inverted?It seems as if the relationship between the two is adamantly one sided, but I feel as if they both affect each other in different ways. Their relationship is very fluid, affecting each other back and forth in a “salsa dance”, so to speak.

Reply
  2. jaeseu
    December 19, 2022 at 6:17 pm (1 year ago)

Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you!
    I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one.
    You’ve really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!

제이나인 필리핀 카지노
    제이나인 먹튀 링크
    제이나인 보라카이 카지노
    제이나인 세부 카지노
    제이나인 에볼루션 카지노 가입
    https://www.j9korea.com

Reply
  3. Detiktoto
    November 14, 2023 at 4:50 am (4 months ago)

WOW! this article it really great i like it

Hey, i found a great site with so many games
    Just click this >>> DetikToto <<<

Reply